Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

NGC7000 - North American Nebula

Here is the North American Nebula in H-Alpha.

This is only 10x 800sec with the ST10 which is a H-Alpha hoover, it simply suck-up H-Alpha since this is where it is most sensitive, approx. 60%!!!

This is also the first image from the BabyQ and it has performed fantastically. I have never seen FWHM values consistently well below 1 before now, not even with the TOA130F.

At my location narrow band imaging is a lot better than RGB, I simply get too many issues using broadband filters.... Unfortunately, the good weather has gone to be replaced by the rain!

The second image has an additional contrast stretch and sharpening applied in PhotoShop.

There is a little too much noise but its due to the fact that my DARKS at taken at -20Deg.C and the camera's thermo-electric cooler was struggling to get below -15 Deg.C due to the hot sticky nights lately.

post-3011-0-80010200-1343416746_thumb.jp

post-3011-0-69857900-1343418216_thumb.jp

Archived