NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

I fished a Squid (OU4: 098.5 +07.9)

paulobao

Hello,

This one I needed to get it!

Discovered by amateur astronomer Nicolas Outters in May 2011 it is the most difficult object I ever photographed!

I let you here the catch and I hope to continue to collect some more photos this week :-)

You may google for OU4 in Sh129 to find more about it!

Tak FS102NSV @ f/6.3 + QSI 532WS-M1 @ -10ºC (due to the very high temperature here in portugal...30ºC at midnight).

210 min in OIII and no darks or flats for now!

Regards,

paulo

mediansh2scaledsemdarks.jpg

mediansh2scaledsemdarks.jpg

Thanks for looking and for the comments :-)

Thanks Derek for putting here the link.

I will try to fry a little more this squid :-) (inside my observatory the temperature now is 41.7 ºC and the outside one is.... the hell in earth)

Regards,

paulo

That's a great capture, and it's good to know that there is still scope for amateurs like Outters to discover objects like this. Even if, for an amateur, his equipment is waaaaaaay out of my league!

Thanks again!

Really I would prefer a cold weather now!

And I went outside and discovered 2 new nebulas....one huge fire at north and a big one at south :-(. The sky went from blue and cloudless to grey! Let see what happens at night (but I think I will do some darks and flats!!)

Cheers,

paulo

Archived