NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

M27 - 28 June 2012

x6gas

Hi all,

Long time since I've managed to capture any data - mostly due to weather but also work commitments. Anyway, inspired by LDUNN1 and this thread http://stargazerslounge.com/topic/154380-m27-and-first-light-atik-460ex-mono/page__st__20

I decided to nip out last night and make the most of an hour or two of clears skies (quite remarkable given the weather elsewhere in the UK!).

I've been having trouble with my OAG, so spent much of the clear spell setting that up again. Then pointed at M27 and snapped away. Unfortunately the clouds rolled in before I could get any G or B data so this is L only. Hopefully I will grab the other channels but my imaging has been frustrated by the weather and objects disappearing at my location before I can get the colour data!

So this is another B&W - a shame with such a pretty target - but hope to add the colour and some Ha at some point. Do love the star field though.

TS 90mm APO

CG-5

Atik 383L+ mono / Atik OAG / Atik EFW2 w/ 2" filters

Autoguided wirth PHD and a QHY IMG0H

4 x 300s subs, no darks, no flats, no processing (just a straight stack this morning before heading to work).

So lots more work with this one, but just wanted to post something because it's been so long!

Full frame image is, by the way, exactly where the GoTo landed. Had a good guidestar in view and knew the cloud was coming!

post-11821-0-15450100-1340961334_thumb.jpost-11821-0-56302100-1340961350_thumb.j

Nice image and great start :grin: It's a mystery, with our fickle UK climate and limited hours to record, why more use is not made of OneShotColour cams? - there's no way to match Olly's 21 hrs on M27 so why not be realistic UK imagers :evil:

Well I know what you mean...
I image with a mobile set-up - can't have an obsy without moving house - so it's all a challenge but that's what makes it interesting!

Quick reprocess of this data. Just 3 out of the 10 subs I took are really worth keeping; it was blowing a hoolie and some cloud was blowing over that ruined a couple of subs (actually I am impressed that PhD recovered and continued guiding - especially as I hadn't even added any calibration stars during my set-up...

Anyway, 3 x 300s subs now. Median stack in AstroArt and just a little tweaking so that the centre of the dumbell isn't over exposed.

post-11821-0-69300200-1341177926_thumb.jpost-11821-0-92660400-1341177944_thumb.j

Archived