Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

AP training - M27 - The Dumbbell Nebula

Elp

First time imaging this, I wanted to get the outer shells but it's a difficult one, needs more time and probably a larger aperture scope for more resolution. I used my C6 w Hyperstar to do the HOO/S (Sii was blended into the core a little, with HOO being the main component of the nebula), then I used my Z61 for the LRGB stars, though I was surprised in the core detail the 1 hour odd captured in colour with just a luminence filter. The HEM15 also performed admirably with very few bad subs, even though guiding was typically around 1.2 RMS. Left the noise in the LRGB stars as I liked how many the small refractor picked up on. Think I've spent enough time on this as other projects need to be continued.

M27-DumbbellNebula-July-August2023-doimg-Copy.thumb.jpg.0443b2fca17be95afd0d32470db03407.jpg

• Like 11