SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

M27 - First try with Az-Gti and ASIAIR setup

As the title mentions, I got my Az-Gti setup working in EQ mode with the ASIAIR and managed to get fairly well polar aligned and whipped the mount off to M27 to do get some data on an object I hadn't managed to get in my non Goto days with my SGP. Oh I also managed to get it guiding as well which is the first time I've managed that and looked like I was getting okay results from the graph in ASIAIR.

Light: 30 x 120s (1 hour)
Dark: 10 x 120s
Bias: 30
Flat: 20

Equipment: Az-Gti (EQ Mode), Evoguide 50ed with EvoFF v2, Canon 600d (unmodified), Light Pollution Filter, Zwo 120MM Mini with Astro Essentials Guidescope, ASIAIR Pro Plus.

I gave Affinity Photo a go to stack it and edit it, which is something I've not used before and I think I need a lot more practice with it but it was nice to be able to use my Mac to stack and edit the photos on without having to dig out the Windows setup.

M27.jpg

Edited by tompato
added updated image
  • Like 9

On 18/06/2022 at 19:53, tompato said:

As the title mentions, I got my Az-Gti setup working in EQ mode with the ASIAIR and managed to get fairly well polar aligned and whipped the mount off to M27 to do get some data on an object I hadn't managed to get in my non Goto days with my SGP. Oh I also managed to get it guiding as well which is the first time I've managed that and looked like I was getting okay results from the graph in ASIAIR.

Light: 30 x 120s (1 hour)
Dark: 10 x 120s
Bias: 30
Flat: 20

Equipment: Az-Gti (EQ Mode), Evoguide 50ed with EvoFF v2, Canon 600d (unmodified), Light Pollution Filter, Zwo 120MM Mini with Astro Essentials Guidescope, ASIAIR Pro Plus.

I gave Affinity Photo a go to stack it and edit it, which is something I've not used before and I think I need a lot more practice with it but it was nice to be able to use my Mac to stack and edit the photos on without having to dig out the Windows setup.

M27.jpg

I'm pleased your AzGti and Asiair worked well on your first session with it and a nice image too 👍

I wouldn't bother with the dark frames with your 600D. I never did with my 600D. I tried an experiment last year with and without darks and there's no difference in the images. So with ditching your dark frames you can grab more lights 😊

Lee 

Edited by AstroNebulee
Spelling
  • Like 2