NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Crescent finished. HaO111RGB

ollypenrice

Awe, this has really suffered in the JPEG version. Sometimes that happens. I'm fed up!! Anyway it has 4.5 hours O111 in the TEC from last night to add to a hybrid TEC/Yvesmobile image totalling about 20 hours. It has input from Yves, of course, and also from Jordan (JCJC) from some data we did together.

O111 was added at 100 percent to green and blue in Blend Mode Lighten, Ha to red in the same way. The O111 shell is weird and looks artificial but that's what's there in the data. I've seen it eleswhere so not to worry!

CRESCENT-HA-O111-RGB-WEB-XL.jpgOlly

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice star colour and lots of lovely detail and whispy bits Olly.

The OIII shell looks pretty good and complimenst the image nicely.

Is this with an Astrnomik for the Ha or the Baader ?

Nice star colour and lots of lovely detail and whispy bits Olly.

The OIII shell looks pretty good and complimenst the image nicely.

Is this with an Astrnomik for the Ha or the Baader ?

Thanks all. The Ha was Baader 7Nm and the O111 Astronomik. Just testing the Astronomik really. I think I prefer the Baader.

Olly

Totally wonderful image Olly :) I know what you mean about the way the JPEG loses that extra bit of brilliance though - I've had that with mine and they come nowhere near yours!

I prefer how the Astronomiks come out, but the bits of Halo around the brighter stars I don't like.

I think a lot depends on the scope-filter combination. On my setups I think the Baader gives much less of a halo but a guest last week had awful haloes from his Baader. We tried my Baader and my Astronomik in his scope and the Astronomik was much better (but still bad) in his. All his other Baader filters were fine. Odd. In this image I removed the stars in O111 before flattening the O111 onto green and blue.

BTW, we are all nuts. It's the middle of the night! We should be in bed...

Beats being sane though. Did you ever meet an interesting sane person?

Olly

I think a lot depends on the scope-filter combination. On my setups I think the Baader gives much less of a halo but a guest last week had awful haloes from his Baader. We tried my Baader and my Astronomik in his scope and the Astronomik was much better (but still bad) in his. All his other Baader filters were fine. Odd. In this image I removed the stars in O111 before flattening the O111 onto green and blue.

BTW, we are all nuts. It's the middle of the night! We should be in bed...

Beats being sane though. Did you ever meet an interesting sane person?

Olly

hahaha I'm off shortly :grin: So I'm classing my self as semi-sane or is that semi-insane?

Interesting about the filters, I found my astronomik Ha worse with the flattener/reducer in the train but the Baader is fine - so I'll be sticking the Baader in the wheel.

To me it looks more like a sponge or jellyfish. Does it look more like a crescent visually?

I don't know what "sane" really means, despite several of my family being "in the trade". I have heard it said that pretty much anyone can be committed if you dig deep enough into all their little insecurities, foibles and peccadilloes.

James

Hello Olly,

great image, congratulations :-) I will resume this one next weekend (if the weather permits) after...12 months!

No, that's not weird (the envelope)! I rescued this false RGB (Ha+OIII only) made 2 years ago with the C9.25. Highly compressed too, but you may see the envelope :). And there is more OIII signal all around too!

Regards,

paulo

ngc68882010falsergb2.jpg

Archived