Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Crescent finished. HaO111RGB

ollypenrice

Interesting comparison there Paolo. I was wondering about what is going on in the O111 layer and thought of solar prominences and filaments. I wonder if the O111 lobe outside the upper left of the Crescent is really and edge on view of the filaments of O111 that we see across the disk. (The soft, pale 'furry snakes.') I know the physical processes are quite different on the Sun but maybe there are O111 prominences from the Crescent that are a similar shape to solar prominences/filaments?

Olly

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello,

My image was just to show the OIII layer!

This is a very intersting object (with great surround neb...). I will "redo" this one with a much narrower filter soon (this one was made with the 8.5nm and 7nm Baader filters)! For now I only have this "narrower" Ha layer made last year with the FS102NSV!

Regards,

paulo

medianngc6888ha15x30min.jpg

Great stuff again Olly - how are you blending your OIII into the H-Alpha????

Managed some extra Ha last night which helped me with the bubble. Adding some OIII tonight if it stays clear.

I guess we need to take the OIII in the ODK :evil:

Yves.

We need to take the O111 in everything we've got! It seems not to need fine resolution so much as plain old signal strength, looking at Paolo's excellent effort. We could go back to this after our present project.

Great stuff again Olly - how are you blending your OIII into the H-Alpha????

Managed some extra Ha last night which helped me with the bubble. Adding some OIII tonight if it stays clear.

Thanks. I blended the NB into the colour channels in Blend Mode Lighten in Ps. Ha went into red, O111 went into green and blue, all at 100%. But do note that blend mode, Lighten. Martin B has a clever way of doing it, I think, which may be on his tutorials here.

Olly

Thanks. I blended the NB into the colour channels in Blend Mode Lighten in Ps. Ha went into red, O111 went into green and blue, all at 100%. But do note that blend mode, Lighten. Martin B has a clever way of doing it, I think, which may be on his tutorials here.

Olly

Many thanks Olly - will give this a try. I managed some OIII last night before being clouded out.

Stunning image as always Olly! I love the O-III shell on this, it reminds me of shrink wrap.

I noticed the background has gone a bit "crunchy" looking, is this what you mean about the jpeg treatment?

Archived