Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

M51 - Reprocessed

Gina

Now had another go at some of my M51 data. This is 33 lights from which DSS chose 24 plus 15 darks and numerous flats. I'm quite pleased with this processing considering that the lights were at an EXIF T of 12C - no cooling. These subs date back to the middle of April. This is a complete reprocess including stacking in DSS and saving the unadjusted 16 bit TIFF followed by processing in PS, cropped and sized to 1280pix wide and saved as PNG.

post-13131-0-55896200-1339007791_thumb.p

So good that I've stolen it :)

I started my desktop with a slide show - background image set to change every hour. Only got two photos of my own so expanded the list with some of the images posted here over the last few days. Heh :)

So good that I've stolen it :)

Feel free :)
I started my desktop with a slide show - background image set to change every hour. Only got two photos of my own so expanded the list with some of the images posted here over the last few days. Heh :)
Good idea :)

You must be well pleased with that one Gina, Your processing is getting a lot better, I feel a youtube tutorial coming on ;)

Thank you Danielle - yes, I am pleased with it :)

That's a really great capture. I like it! You've captured some really faint details there, and yet been able to keep the noise down and with a very good background. Overall the picture looks very smooth and not overprosessed.

Thank you everyone :) I think I'm beginning to get the hang of the processing now - learning all the time. I think I've reprocessed all the data I've got now - at least all that's any good. Now I need some clear skies to get more data.

Archived