Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

21Mm Ethos

Damo636

Argh. Don't do that to me! I'd decided I wasn't going to spen £700+ on an eyepiece, and I'd go for the Delos. Now I find the Ethos for unde £600! Opens up the whole mental anguish, erm, thought process, all over again!

Argh. Don't do that to me! I'd decided I wasn't going to spen £700+ on an eyepiece, and I'd go for the Delos. Now I find the Ethos for unde £600! Opens up the whole mental anguish, erm, thought process, all over again!

What scope are you using?

Nice looking EP, but i thought it was a little over priced... Ive used the 13mm Ethos, and that is a dream of an EP

What scope are you using?

Nice looking EP, but i thought it was a little over priced... Ive used the 13mm Ethos, and that is a dream of an EP

Mine arrived today! :) Its a HUGE EP!! Theres a pic of it on my blog next to a 25mm BST.

Surely the law of diminishing returns must apply to EP's as it does to everything else, and for the life I me I don't think I would ever consider spending so much on one eyepiece. Thats more than my scopes and EP set combined :eek: :eek: :eek:

I thought about this before I bought my Ethos.

It was part funded by some money I've been tucking away towards getting a newer car in the winter (I'm not really 'into' flashy cars just need reliability). So if I bought a newer car I'd probably lose more money on it than the cost of an Ethos in 6 months, I wouldn't enjoy using it half as much as using an Ethos and in a few years time I will need replacing unlike my Ethos. So buying that stupidly expensive EP has just meant that I will get a newer car later rather than sooner which I can live with.

To me and my simple little mind the only sensible conclusion was.....to buy an Ethos! :grin: :grin:

I thought about this before I bought my Ethos.

It was part funded by some money I've been tucking away towards getting a newer car in the winter (I'm not really 'into' flashy cars just need reliability). So if I bought a newer car I'd probably lose more money on it than the cost of an Ethos in 6 months, I wouldn't enjoy using it half as much as using an Ethos and in a few years time I will need replacing unlike my Ethos. So buying that stupidly expensive EP has just meant that I will get a newer car later rather than sooner which I can live with.

To me and my simple little mind the only sensible conclusion was.....to buy an Ethos! :grin: :grin:

I hear ya Mike, It was the only logical solution :laugh:

I'm sure it'd go great with your 13mm Damo :evil:

As much as I would like to mate it with my 13 Ethos I just can't stretch to it at the minute :cry:

I take solace in David Nagler's advice - if you have a 26mm T5 and are happy with it then you'll gain nothing really with a 21mm Ethos. I do, I am and so I won't. :grin:

I don't even know why I torture myself with the 21E ? The 26 Nagler is an amazing eyepiece!!

Archived