NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

On the Tele Vue slippery slope....

Mike73

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
jeeps..i need a touch on the lottery!

Too right - get a few Ethos and some larger Naglers and all of a sudden you have a couple of grands worth of stuff in your eyepiece case :hello2:

Too right - get a few Ethos and some larger Naglers and all of a sudden you have a couple of grands worth of stuff in your eyepiece case :hello2:

Then.....this starts to happen::)

0026825f.jpg

And pretty soon your back where you started.:p

so basically it's a vicious circle..oh good

Afraid so.:)

Trouble is you can obviously insert Apo, big frac, large Dob, bigger mount etc in where I've put mirror set. To cater for your own personal dream/nightmare set up.:hello2:

Oh dear...just got hold of a Nagler 12mm T4 off ABS. I can't wait to use it...though this rain looks like it may never end. I am in the same boat comining from the BST Explorers. I really hope the views justify the cost. Just need a high power (3.5mm) EP now. I like the look of the Pentax XW most but will certainly go for the Nagler if it comes up first based on the reccomendations made on here.

Anyone had order confirmation and/or price confirmation from TS yet? I know it's Sunday and all, so I guess it might not be until they open up tomorrow... just curious what exchange rate you guys are getting? Some of the TS sale items are listed at less than US prices :hello2: Does this happen often?

I really shouldn't this month, but sooooo tempted by the 17 or 21 mm Ethos, which I think would go nicely with the C11... or the 31T5 I've been flip/flopping about in another thread. Either way, I'd have to punt the 20T5 to recoup though :)

Oh dear...just got hold of a Nagler 12mm T4 off ABS. I can't wait to use it I really hope the views justify the cost.

I have one of these.

Put simply, it's my favourite eyepiece. And I have all Naglers in my eyepiece case.:hello2:

This is a gem, big and heavy for a 12mm eyepiece but the views it gives:eek:talk about immersive. couple that with the large eye lens and long eye relief it's just a great ocular.

Enjoy:icon_salut:

The price I paid was £441 shipped. Same 13mm Ethos from Widescreen Centre is £532 inc postage. Seems the right time to buy to me!

Go on treat yourself! :eek::hello2:

Nice :)

I'm torn though... 17 or 21? 17 would be usable with my C6 (with a little vignetting), but is 165x too much magnification for clusters with the C11? It's ever so slightly more space than the 20T5 which is great at 140x, so I'm guessing it would be OK. The 21... it'd be an interesting experiment with the C6 :p and a nice 133x with the C11. Hmmmm shiny....

I reckon the Jubilee celebration has sparked some sort of frenzied Televue spending spree madness and its spreading like wildfire :)

And to think a few months back they were branded as villains for adding 12% to their prices :hello2:

Nice :hello2:

I'm torn though... 17 or 21? 17 would be usable with my C6 (with a little vignetting), but is 165x too much magnification for clusters with the C11? It's ever so slightly more space than the 20T5 which is great at 140x, so I'm guessing it would be OK. The 21... it'd be an interesting experiment with the C6 :) and a nice 133x with the C11. Hmmmm shiny....

I have both and to be honest the 21 gets MUCH more use than the 17 as I tend to go from the 21 to the 13 when viewing. I cannot understand how i can see so much in the 21. The double cluster fits (just)

Archived