Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

On the Tele Vue slippery slope....

Mike73

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hmmmm ok well.....Keep your head still, then look up at the ceiling, then try and look at your feet. THAT is what it feels like looking through a 100' Ethos!! :grin:

There is just so much to see in that FOV that its incredible!!!!

I literally only got about 2 minutes using it on Friday night before the cloud set in and that was only when I was aligning the Telrad on Saturn. What a tease!! I have to go back to work for 2 weeks tomorrow so I'm gonna have to wait even longer for its first real test run.

I know you shouldn't wish your life away but Autumn can't come quick enough.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Damo,

In regard to your earlier post, I'm sure you would be wowed by the 21 Ethos. I had one in my big dob this winter and the Orion Nebula was green, streaky and beautiful in it. I kept going back and forth between it and the 31 Nagler and the 41 Panoptic, feeling SURE the views would be more artfully framed and better scaled in those EPs, but beyond reason, the 21 Ethos won every time.

Sincerely yours,

Satan

Dear Satan,

Your are truly evil to try and tempt one so impressionable with words like green, streaky and beautiful!

The 21 Ethos remains a source of great temptation for me and I imagine will continue to be so until I eventually, inevitably, give in to its allure. The voice in my head keeps ringing out.. "you don't need it Damo" "you don't need it Damo", but I have grown tired listening to myself now!! ;-)

Archived