Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

SATURN - May 15, 2012 - Great seeing

frewi808

Still working on a huge backlog, hope it stays cloudy for a while.....

So this is my Saturn form May 15, 2015 in more the good conditions... Some detail and storm remnants are visible.

Have enough now for a small animation that will follow.....soon I hope.

Getting ready for the Venus transit here also...Lots of work here...

Freddy

post-20344-133877780562_thumb.jpg

At last you got some shots in good seeing. Those images are breathtaking, lovely detail along the edges of the cloud bands.

How much of the transit will you get to see from your location?

Just love the colours youve got out on this night Freddy. wow Been wondering when you was going to get better seeing.

This is my whole point im having on another discussion. sometimes you just cant beat the laws of physics. I bet if my scope was set up side by side on this night. Although it would have done well. The resolution, and especially colour strength. would just not be possible. with saturns dim signal on 245 mm optics. Think im going to have to find a way to at least get hold of another 12" Newt. All you guys with big primarys. Making me drool. ( if a women said that in a night club, she would get some funny looks )

@ big wave - The whole Venus transit is visible from my location.

Big Wave??? Darn Hawaiians, its surfing all day and crystal clear skies all night. Jealous, me...erm just a little bit. :(

Archived