New to all this

swalter

Hi All

I bought a telescope from a car boot sale last weekend, and I am slowly getting into it all. I now really hate clouds!!

Love the website it is really helpful.

The telescope I bought is the same as the one in the picture below but I don’t know the model of can anyone help. I had a look on the skywatcher website and it said there should be a sticker on the scope but I can find it, any help would be greatly appreciated.

21.jpg

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Swalter and welcome. Loads of good advise on this site which as a beginner myself I have found invaluable.

Scope looks like a Skywatcher Skymax which is a Maksutov scope. As an owner of a Skywatcher myself I can vouch for them as very good make.

I agree that it's probably a Skymax 102 though to be certain you'd need to measure the diameter of the aperture. I've never tried the 102, but the next size up (127, which I do have) is very popular.

Welcome to SGL.

James

Thanks for all the replys just goes to prove how useful this website is.

I have measured the telescope and the diameter of it is 90mm and length is 270mm am I then assuming that it is a skymax 90?

Cant wait for tonight looks like we are not going to have too many clouds here.

Archived