Standing up or sitting down?

GazOC

Standing up or sitting down?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Standing up or sitting down?

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well i voted for standing up as i dont really have much choice, the way an equitorial moves makes planning anything a little difficult, and most of the time the eyepiece always seems to be pointing at the floor, i know i can turn the tube but it upsets my setup.

I voted standing as like the other above my mount tends to require me to stand. I prefer being aqble to stand with the eyepiece at around head height but when I can sit down though I gratefully do so...

James

I tend to stand when visual, and sit when imaging... then stand up while imaging... wander around the garden with binos while imaging... rummage around the fridge looking for something to eat while imaging (note to self: must tape the fridge light switch into the closed/off position!)... sit again while imaging....

Steve,

Thats pretty much what I do, I find standing helps me be more relaxed and breathe easier at the eyepiece when observing. When I'm imaging I usually wander round the garden with a pair or binos or a can of Carling in my hand.

I like refractors as most of the time you can sit down with the eye piece in a comfortable postion for observing. I don't find this can be done so often when using the Newt' as the focuser usually ends up somewhere between a suitable standing and sitting postion!

:(:)

You missed 'Trip over the electrical leads round the scope whilst imaging'

and finally

Curse the computer because your eyes cant focus because of all the Carling ...whilst imaging

My big problem is my dog coming out to see what I'm doing every 10 minutes or so and shaking the mount...

Sitting with both my refractor and my SCT. Only real option given I have to have the tripod on its lowest level to be able to lift the NS8 onto it!! but I find it so muh more relaxed and stable. I observe rather than look. And my stool has wheels so not limited by position.

Helen

I tend to stand, well stoop actually as I'm quite tall.

As a result of this quick survey (care of Gaz) at least we can get the car stickers printed now:

"Astronomers do it standing up, stitting down, wandering about with a can of lager in their hand and occasionally with our dewstraps around our ankles" :(:):lol:

John

As a result of this quick survey (care of Gaz) at least we can get the car stickers printed now:

"Astronomers do it standing up, stitting down, wandering about with a can of lager in their hand and occasionally with our dewstraps around our ankles" :(:):lol:

John

and not forgetting lying down if we can get away with it :lol:

rummage around the fridge looking for something to eat while imaging (note to self: must tape the fridge light switch into the closed/off position!)... sit again while imaging....

You could always modify the fridge light so its red. :(

I went for standing up, although sitting while imaging, etc. etc. etc. ............

I'm led to believe sitting is actually better as your relax more and the eye sees more. Still, sitting on top of a 6' pair of step-ladders is not appealing!!!

Archived