Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Evostar Pro 80ED has arrived.

Earl

Did you order one seperately? If not I think you're out of luck there based on what was posted in the clearance thread :icon_scratch:

Yes ordered separately. I asked if it was possible to ship both together but we will see.

What I can't believe is that all these new scopes are being ordered, and we are going to have clear skies? Some mistake? :clouds2:

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yes ordered separately. I asked if it was possible to ship both together but we will see.

What I can't believe is that all these new scopes are being ordered, and we are going to have clear skies? Some mistake? :icon_scratch:

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

I'm reasonably confident they will ship together (at least based on my split / multiple orders I've placed.)

EEK - Shipped

:clouds2:

Looks good. Let's hope it's an improvement on your last 80mm frac!

Optically yes but build wise the Starwave is far far better. If it was doable to drop the optics into the Starwave OTA id do it.

Looks good. Do you actually need guide rings for the ST80? Mine are both rigidly fixed and always find a star.

My only guide rings are the chunky Altair Astro ones with the cutouts and I got those to carry the Tak so I could align it with a second imaging scope to create Speed Machine.

Olly

Nice

Thinking about an imaging setup myself but will have to go down the dual mount bar route because of the Equinox 80 mounting system

You could use an OAG and then you won't need a seperate scope, but if you do want a second scope you can easily take off "the foot" and get some WO 90mm tube rings instead.

You could even do both.

attachment.php?attachmentid=86667&d=1336749337

Looks good. Do you actually need guide rings for the ST80? Mine are both rigidly fixed and always find a star.

My only guide rings are the chunky Altair Astro ones with the cutouts and I got those to carry the Tak so I could align it with a second imaging scope to create Speed Machine.

Olly

Probably not, but its easy to swap around as a separate unit.

Also with the ST80 been much shorter it would be a faf to get it all to link together, with the adm clamps its really easy.. overkill but easy.

The feathertouch adapter is now in the UK in Customs, ill chase that up next week as Parcel Fail always take too long.

Setup with the single speed which is terrible it has to be said, but ill do my best to get it to focus tonight.

post-19346-133877772751_thumb.jpg

post-19346-133877772757_thumb.jpg

Pass the tissue I'm drooling. Off topic sorry, but that's just the way I am, like your OBS have you a thread about the build? I need to make one later in the year, originally wood in my mind but now seeing yours... I need.

Looking good there !!

Hope it went ok with the focusing. The standard is a right pain, for anything heavy.

Once I had tightened the central grub screw tensioner, it didn't do to bad.

The feathertouch adapter is now in the UK in Customs, ill chase that up next week as Parcel Fail always take too long.

I must say I had no problems with PF over my recent Atik purchase.

Cleared customs on the Tue, arrived PO Wed, customs duty letter arrived Fri (which I paid and paid for Sat delivery,) delivered Saturday :)

My second ED80 arrived today, this has the Stock Dual Speed, I have a dual bar arriving next week, the rig grows..

My shopping list is now..

Filter Wheel

Televue Reducer

2" QHY Luminance Filter

Atik 383L+

Address Focuser Issue this will not be cheap as I have nothing already for this scope.

My second ED80 arrived today, this has the Stock Dual Speed, I have a dual bar arriving next week, the rig grows..

My shopping list is now..

Filter Wheel

Televue Reducer

2" QHY Luminance Filter

Atik 383L+

Address Focuser Issue this will not be cheap as I have nothing already for this scope.

Brilliant. The twin rig is the way forward. I can use a normal long Losmandy dovetail for my 80/85mm tandem but Yves' monster needs a gigantic reinforced affair from Robin Cassady. This wasn't cheap and he hasn't had my bill for hernia repair yet!

Olly

Archived