NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Hey

Gary70

Hi,

I am new, obviously since I am in here,

My knowledge and ability is pretty basic, I did a few astronomy and cosmology courses at UCLAN just for my own interest a few years ago, and like most looked to the skies from a cluttered city location mainly.

I have just returned from living in rural Canada, (The Rockies in B.C) the skies were incredible, I am now back in the UK having left my gear in Canada, I am relegated to binoculars and my imagination until I muster up the funds for another scope.

Anyway here I am, I will now spend the next few hours browsing what you guys have to say :)

Hi Gary and welcome to the forum. I should imagine you might notice the difference in the skies there when compared to here - that's if you can see them through the cloud!:) Hope you get back to observing with a scope soon.

Clearer skies soon,

James

Thanks everyone, what a welcome and I only signed up last night..

Sadly the skies here are pretty poor even if you travel out. but still lots to see, I love observing the Moon and Planets so it isn't a tragedy. Clear skies permitting

I used to be able observe the Milky Way with naked eye from my backyard, just laying down and looking up with the occasional satellite drifting past.

Mind you I lived in a Mountain valley so my east West horizon was somewhat limited,

Still :)

Archived