m0ony

Hi

Just thought I would introduce myself.

I have been interested in astronomy for many years but have never owned a decent telescope before. My 8 year old son is also very interested in anything to do with space. I recently decided to sell all of my ham radio equipment (as I have lost interest in that hobby) and invested the cash in a telescope.

After a great deal of thought, I decided to go for a Skywatcher Skymax 127 with an EQ3 Pro Goto mount. I have also bought a couple of extra eyepieces, a 2x barlow, a T mount to enable me to used my DSLR on the telescope and a mount to enable me to put the camera directly on the mount.

The only problem so far has been the weather. I've only been able to use it one evening about 2 weeks ago. I managed to get a good view of Venus, Mars and Saturn. My son was very impressed with Saturn.

I'm just hoping the weather improves soon as I need to get some practise using the mount.

Pete,

Fairford, Glos, UK

Archived