New EP's

Hi guys. Right, got £40 burning a hole in my pocket and I know I need a decent EP below 10mm (haven't got one) so here are my choices :-

SkyWatcher Super Plossl

Ascension Super Wide Angle

Ascension Wide Angle

Ascension Super Plossl (due to price I could get 2)

Celestron Omni

Vixen NPL

Because I'm still a newbie and there is so much choice I thought I'd get some opinions, so please help me make an 'informed' decision:BangHead:

I'm after a BST 8mm.

This is apparently one of his best sellers and is out of stock at present but expected in in the next few weeks.

if you can wait Alan (at the skys the limit - great service) will put you on the list so as to avoid getting trampled in the rush when they do come in.

M

yup BST's are good i sold 3 of them the other week for £105 on the bay as no one was interested on ABS i have no got the meade series 5000 super plossl set i find the image much brighter but theres less glass to look through in the smaller sizes unlike the BST's

yup BST's are good i sold 3 of them the other week for £105 on the bay as no one was interested on ABS i have no got the meade series 5000 super plossl set i find the image much brighter but theres less glass to look through in the smaller sizes unlike the BST's

Also Plossls are 50 deg FOV compares to BST 60 deg.

Perry

I have 3 BSTs and bought them all for around £30 each 2nd hand and can't fault them for the money. They have good FOV and eye relief and feel better quality than my Vixen NLVs, the NLVs are a crisper image with quite a bit more contrast but at more than double the new price of a BST they should be. I think if you don't want to spend a fortune on a big brand name but still want a high spec EP then they are unbeatable.

Archived