Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M31 - 26/27-7-07 - 350D New Image Added

jcm

Managed to get 10 X 3min exp at 800 iso between banks of cloud. Auto guider did a good job of battling the rather strong wind. Will have another go with longer total exp. next clear night.

EDIT - Had another go at this , something was not quite right with the first.

- Removed first image

John

post-13061-133877329503_thumb.jpg

A cracking M31 John :lol:

Nice tight stars as well considering it was windy

One of the advantages of a concrete pillar and spending a lot of time getting the guiding system to work well. :D

John

Nice one John 8)

That scope is certainly delivering the goods!

Had a quick play at enhancing the dust lanes:

Thanks Steve , had another go myself. Something not quite right with the first image. Final result is better in the second - used Images Plus for the stacking.

John

a true cracker there John! Am I right when thinking that it is very hard to get a decent picture of this girl, even though she is bright enought to see in a finderscope?

Marius

a true cracker there John! Am I right when thinking that it is very hard to get a decent picture of this girl, even though she is bright enought to see in a finderscope?

Marius

Yep , its difficult to get the details without over processing and making the image look unnatural. Wanted to get a longer exposure but clouds got in the way. :D

John

Very nice. I have had problems with what set up to use on the 31. How did you go about it with your 350D. I seem to get too near the object. I have been informed that you can image it with the 350d own 200mm lens on piggyback. Your comments would be appreciated.

robin

Very nice. I have had problems with what set up to use on the 31. How did you go about it with your 350D. I seem to get too near the object. I have been informed that you can image it with the 350d own 200mm lens on piggyback. Your comments would be appreciated.

robin

The image of M31 was taken at F6 (field under 2 deg). As you can see the galaxy goes beyond the edge of the frame. I have a 135mm lens that I can attach to the camera and piggyback it on the main scope. This gives a field of view of 8+ deg or so. You need some form of focus help because infinity mark on the lens does not give the sharpest focus. The image of the American Neb - NGC7000 - was taken with the 135mm lens.( look back in Deep Sky Images to find it)

John

Archived