Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hello

Naemeth

I've been browsing the forum for a while and decided to join, I will possibly end up being more of a lurker, but who knows. I'm from Norwich, and the weather recently hasn't been great.

I just got myself some 10x50 Binoculars, and it's amazing being able to see so many more stars than I normally do with just my eyes, even in a light polluted area. (Just outside my house, opposite a car park)

So, Hello!

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello Naemeth and welcome to the SGL.

Your choice of 10x50 bins is a good starting tool for observing as well as being a valuable asset when/if you get a telescope later.

If you have any questions ("dumb" ones included) feel free to pick our brains and enjoy the hobby and the SGL.

Hello Naemeth and welcome to the SGL.

Your choice of 10x50 bins is a good starting tool for observing as well as being a valuable asset when/if you get a telescope later.

If you have any questions ("dumb" ones included) feel free to pick our brains and enjoy the hobby and the SGL.

I was thinking of a Celestron Astromaster 114EQ for my first telescope on my birthday next month (not sure if I'm allowed to post links), and later a set of lenses (which actually cost about 50% more than the telescope :)).

Hi Naemeth, and welcome to SGL. Might I suggest saving up a little more and getting a 130P, as the views are much improved over the 114, for a small increase in price.

Thanks for the advice! I will do that :).

Archived