Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

... and another Leo Triplet from SGL7

James

Here's a quick product of Sunday night at SGL7 which was a little clearer than some of the earlier nights. I only had time for the luminance and will add colour at a later date.

Taken through an FLT-98 using an SXV-H9 there's 25x 5 min subs. The image has been stretched, the dark bits have been a little noise reduced and the galaxies sharpened ever so slightly, all in Pixinsight. I've noticed a little problem with some of the stars in that there appears to be some artefacts around them but I'll hunt the cause of that later!

james-albums-james-foray-into-dark-side-picture16602-leo-triplet-wip-25x-5min-luminance-taken-sgl7-star-party.jpg

Terrific resolution from the small scope and nice work with the processing.

The star artefacts look like the sort of thing deconvolution can cause especially with microlensed chips (don't now whether the H9 chip has those or not)

The artifacts seem to be occurring during the stacking process in Pixinsight. An updated version came out and a few others have mentioned that it's happening. I'll have a closer look - there may be an option I've missed!

James

The artifacts seem to be occurring during the stacking process in Pixinsight. An updated version came out and a few others have mentioned that it's happening. I'll have a closer look - there may be an option I've missed!

James

Hi the new interpolation in registration is causing this and if you have enough subs they will be rejected:headbang: .

Alter the mode to bicubic spline if its causing a problem

Harry

Archived