Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Next Meet 14th April

Matthew

The next meet will be on the 14th April at the Blaenavon Site.There will be a Waning Crescent Moon .Taking into account that astronomical darkness wont occur untill 10 30 pm i will be in ASDA at 6 30 pm for anyone who needs help finding the site.From now on i will try to arrange a meet every 2 weeks,i wont be able to attend everyone but it will give all the members of the group more chances to attend.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its ok steve,im hoping ( weather permitting ) we can have 2 observing sessions a month.Hopefully this will give everyone a chance to make at least one.I also want to vary the observing sites so dont worry there will be planty of chances :blob10:

cheers Matt - just to tell you and I'm sure he won't mind- just come back from a site outside Brecon that Mr Fib's told me about - I won't disclose it - its his find if he wants to share but it was stunning there tonight - lucky I guess with no wind but absolutely stunning.Shame I had work in the morning - could have stayed for a few hours yet.

Was hoping to bring my new skyliner200p which I got off F1 telescopes , but was emailed today to tell me that they are out of stock untill late april early may:(.Even if i cancell,F L O have told me that when their batch comes in they have all already been allocated so it seems I will have to wait:icon_scratch:.It appears to be the same story everywhere

I emailed flo yesterday and they told me that the allocation that was due in was probably gone.I tried loads of others and they all said pretty much the same.Apparently SkyWatcher are having problems keeping up with demand this year so i am gutted. Cheers for the charts.

Pete- just hold out for it - the Universe isn't going anywhere in a hurry and it'll be worth it .

I went out last night with a lad from work and he had a 130m I think - it was a motorised mount with it anyhows, but it just seemed so odd- after he'd set it up to track anything he had to go to the other side of the scope=- move it into position then back around to the eyepiece side every time- just seemed awkward to be honest (I didn't have a clue how to help unfortunately).

Have you sold yours or are you waiting until the new addition arrives?

I had the same problem when I bought mine the other year, waiting list was long at all major suppliers, in the end I got it within a week of amazon, and they sent the wrong one a flex tube instead of skyliner....result!

Sent from my galaxy s...must be stuck in work....dam you i.t filters!

Pat checked it out a long time ago when te communities groups were here. From what I remember there was a fair amount of lp and the problem with cars / dog..... Walkers if you get what I mean.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not sure there is anywhere in S Wales that doesn't suffer from some degree of light pollution TBH - I think you probably need to head North into Mid Wales before you get significant benefits but the A470 can get you there from the Heads of the Valleys within half an hour so not that much of a slog (though petrol being as expensive as it is probably not a regular trip I'm the first to admit)

Matt - what areas are you doing your reccies on ?

Ive found a very intresting site near talgarth,perfectly flat with the black mountains as its back drop.I need to check the light pollution,which should be minimal and its private property so i need to get permission.I was nights last night so im going to hit the sack for an hour then hopefully i will be off.

Archived