Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Next Meet 14th April

Matthew

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

perhaps the wind can blow the clouds away Mat - it can't be as windy as the last time I was up there - I'm packed up and going to leave here about 7 - shoiuld get there about 8ish time to set up and let the scope cool down - if theres no one at site 1 by 8:30 I'll head down to site 2

Just checked the BBC weather site looks like Blaenavon is right on the edge of clear skies by @ 9pm - fingers crossed

see you later folks

Steve

I was goin to but mat said about the clouds :). I actually set up next to my car in Blackwood Asda was showing a work college mars and Venus and the iss went over lol. Really clear :confused:. Dang them clouds :(.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

one of those things unfortunately Gaz - as we were leaving you could see the clouds clearing away from the horizon but it was still 95% cloud at that point - got home and theres still cloud about but you can see the stars - never mind- not like their going anywhere :0)

It was spotting with rain as I came into Risca, getting out of the car looked up and there were the stars! The brighter ones at least

It was good to meet everyone, these events are never wasted

Let's hope for better conditions next time

Thanks Mat for organising it

Hi Guys,

Even though the conditions were unfavorable, it was nice to meet some fellow enthusiasts and get out under the stars. The Blaenavon site is certainly a great observing location for our Valleys region; a wonderful panoramic view indeed. I had a good time, looking forward to the next observing meet and seeing you all again.

Cheers :)

PS: Skies were clear when I returned home, lol.

Archived