Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Next Meet 14th April

Matthew

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

price of fuel, when i went looking last night for fuel near me nearest texeco was 146.7 unleded 149.8 diesel and there was a private (mecca? i think) station unleded 149.9 diesel 148.6 :S first time iv ever seen diesel cheaper ended up with a shell at 139.9 but was only allowed for a £10 so sadly its gonna be a while before i can come galavanting ;) telgarth looks like its an hr (55 mins) away from me

any one looked in monmouth area?

I can meet you in ASDA in brynmawr mike if you unsure finding the site.

Thanks Mat, I just may take you up on the offer. We've seen the site on Google Earth and its "street view".

The Wife and I plan a dry run to check it out in the daytime; hopefully we can find it on our first try.

How'd your scouting go Matt?

Found out on the weekend someone else on the forum uses the same site I have used in Epynt which might be worth a try at some point.

Blue skies here in the Rhymney Valley but its not gonna last apparantly so anyone with a chance of getting the scope out might want to take their chance tonight before the rain sweeps in - it is Wales after all what do you expect lol

just make sure mike as it happened in either the last meet or one before that in short notice the meet moved to the site 2 (its a little down the road but more sheltered from the wind) so check that out too as well ;)

Hi Gaz,

Is "site 2" the layby which is about one and a half miles to the east on the same road as the tower site ?

Mat, I will be sure to let you know well ahead of time.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Mat. No, I haven't ordered a bolt yet but now I've discovered Astroboot and Uk Astro Buy and Sell so it won't be long. I've had a major problem this week which you may have noticed - bent the head of my connecting rod, but i've had several offers of help including Steve from Tredegar so I should be sorted by the weekend.

Hi Mat,

My Wife and I have had a busy week working on the house restoration, so haven't had a chance to make a dry run to find the Blaenavon site. I would like to take you up on the guide offer and meet at ASDA in Brynmar.

Are you still planning on being there at 6:30 pm ?

It doesn't look like I'll be able to come on Saturday as Dot is working on call in the night and needs her car (mine having been off the road for two months). Barring a miracle (such as my car miraculously coming back from the repair shop tomorrow) I won't be able to get there.:D

can anyone point me in the direction of the co ords for the Blaenavon site please. I 'v been there once but got a memory like a goldfish - driving on Google maps gone past Asda, First left at the roundabout then its all a bit fuzzy

(think 6.30 might be a bit early for me at Asda - a good 2-3 hrs before darkness after that so will try and make my own way up later on)

cheers folks

Steve

cheers

Steve

apologies found it on an earlier thread

+51° 47' 25.57", -3° 4' 10.74" (this may show a orange arrow, pan the screen to the right or zoom out and the location has a green arrow)

South Wales Astro SGL sites - Google Maps

Good morning peeps,looking at the satelite images and the forecasts tonights meet should be on.It will be a bit cloudy but we should still be able to observe.I will give the thumbs up at 3pm and for those who need it i will be in ASDA Brynmawr between 6.30 / 7 pm.

Tonights meet is on it will be a bit cloudy but we will chance our luck see you all later

Weather forecast this morning was for clearing overnight. Have fun. Really disappointed I can't come especially as my scope is now useable again.:D

Archived