NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Photos thread...

SteveL

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice set of pictures John, wonderful colour and captures the spirit of last weeks SGL star party. - I'm sure Kev was making us think he was actually capturing video of the sun when in reality he was catching up on Corination Street or Eastenders with his head under that cover... :(

Nice set on Tony... made it look like he actually knew what he was doing :( (only kidding Tony :) )

Nice set of pictures John, wonderful colour and captures the spirit of last weeks SGL star party. - I'm sure Kev was making us think he was actually capturing video of the sun when in reality he was catching up on Corination Street or Eastenders with his head under that cover... :(

Nice set on Tony... made it look like he actually knew what he was doing :( (only kidding Tony :) )

I was catching up on sleep, the scope was on auto :)

Well if you were playing "Guess which plonker forgot to bring a guidecam?" and you guessed in my direction, then you get first prize :s

So here is one of three unguided results I managed. This one represents 3 hours of rotation. I'm guessing that the bright star entering view top left is Polaris.

But Peter, seriously, that Orion in the Wye is absolutely corking!

Cheers

Tim

post-14037-133877755959_thumb.jpg

I had a great weekend, thanks Daz; and thank you Tim for your help on Friday.

Only managed 3 pics. Not too happy with the focus on my Nikon D3100 - very soft in general. It seems to be common problem with that particular model. I have a few tweaks to try though. Still, not bad results considering it's all new to me.

Afocal, 200p, EQ5 and RA drive.

post-27315-133877756188_thumb.jpg

post-27315-133877756196_thumb.jpg

post-27315-133877756203_thumb.jpg

Thats awesome Spikey beautiful picture, oh & thanks for setting up my scope, I'm just back to the drawing board with it at home although I'm a lot closer in getting it set right then I ever was before, I might see about getting one of those illuminated eyepieces to see if that helps.

I only managed some quick moon pics before the laptop battery died on the Monday night, I did try to stitch them together in paintshop pro but it was having none of it, might be due to the laptop not having enough memory.

Capture26_03_201220_22_00.png

Capture26_03_201220_20_35.png

Capture26_03_201220_18_59.png

Capture26_03_201220_17_40.png

Capture26_03_201220_16_17.png

Capture26_03_201220_14_32.png

If anyone wants to try & stitch them together than feel free, I know its not complete but seeing it as the crescent shape would be nice.

Archived