Hi From Leeds!!!

Francesco76

Helloooo, we have just bought a Skywatcher Heritage 76mm with 25mm and 10mm eyepieces (Super MA) and a 2x Meade Barlow lens (plastic body).

I hope this will be enough before upgrading and yes....the telescope it is mainly for an 11 years old girl.

Now we have to hope in a clear night from our backyard. Unfortunately the light pollution is quite huge here in Leeds.

Thanks for having us here guys!!!

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi there..

Welcome to the lounge...

These little telescopes are not really much use as a serious instruments...

I guess it may be OK for looking at the moon...but thats all I'm affraid! ..sorry

Fine for an 11 year old though - even with my binos my 2 graddaughter were enthralled at what they could see. The moon and planets (esp Jupiter and its moons) will be great and the rings on saturn will be visible also.

enjoy and just have fun with it :-)

Hi and welcome. There is a wealth of expertise within this forum. Plus the usual jokers.

Enjoy your viewing. Remember to give yourself a 20 minutes to get your eye adjusted to the dark before you try to find those wonders above you...

Hi Francesco, and welcome to SGL. Tha 76mm scope will be a great start for you and your 11 year old. You will be able to see enough to give you both the information that you need to decide if you enjoy the hobby, and you haven't spent a fortune in the process. Good luck and clear skies :blob10:

Archived