Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

The Pelican's neck

Messed up by using too long a focal length so I just got it's neck. :cool:

10 X 580 seconds binned 2X Atik 16HR, Tal 200K at prime focus, Ha filter.

607_thumbnail.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

Guiding didn't work, but the tracking showed as nearly perfect in K3CCD so I must have some differential movement between 'scopes. :wink:

Kaptain Klevtsov

But what a neck KK, If you had imaged Penelope Cruz's neck that close, you wouldn't sound so glum.

It's good buddy. Do the rest at the same spec. and stitch em together.

Ron. :wink:

This image is just awesome,the skill you guys have is making me :wink:

I'm just starting with this astrophoto minefield and can see how easy it is to get hooked.

How long did it take you to get as good as you are ,i find it a bit daunting but ive had a little success

with some widefield shots but its all down to luck just now,15 sec exposure here,25 sec there,you know,f2.8,f3.2,iso400,so on and so on

i'm just guessing but trying to take notes on what works better.

I'm just starting with this astrophoto minefield and can see how easy it is to get hooked.

How long did it take you to get as good as you are ,i find it a bit daunting but ive had a little success

with some widefield shots but its all down to luck just now,15 sec exposure here,25 sec there,you know,f2.8,f3.2,iso400,so on and so on

i'm just guessing but trying to take notes on what works better.

Its a doddle Saturn5, once you get into drift alignment and suchlike. If you can get the tracking sorted, you can basically point the 'scope anywhere and get a superb image. This one here is a failure as I got the scale way out, but I posted it because something came out that pleased me. Anything that comes out with decent tracking and focus pleases me, so I tend to concentrate on getting the tracking and focus as close as I can. There's no secret to this, just align as well as you can and snap away with the longest exposures that your mount will allow, then post stuff. Easy or what? Looking forward to seeing what you can do BTW.

:wink::cool::lol::p:evil::clouds2:

Kaptain Klevtsov

Archived