Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

A 2nd scope for a differ purpose

I heard that next to your planetary/deepsky scope to have a small refractor for viewing comets and meteor showers? and other kind of sky events.

Is this true?

And also, after having my 8" dobs, eventually I want a 12". What would I do with my 8"? Keep it as things might be better be viewed by a smaller telescope?

Aint got my 8" yet and Im looking way too far ahead, madness!

When I eventually get the hang of all this I'm keeping my 8" Dob cos its just so easy to set up and move about. All the extras are keeprs- then going to splash some more serious cash and get something for A/P (Thats the dream anyway)

I don't agree that you need a small refractor for meteor showers, they look best through naked eye or bins. I think that when you get your 8", you will find that it will keep you happy for quite some time to come ;)

Your might find a smaller scope is a long way from your list of wants after the 8" arrives.;)

I have never quite gotten round to getting that 'little scope' yet. The prime one keeps getting bigger instead.;)

Regards Steve

folk who have two or three scopes have different designs of scopes to cover different aspects of astro stuff !!

ie ..

a big dob for purley visual

a mak for high magnification planetry work

an apo refractor for photography

a sct on alt/az for a grab n go

;)

Thank you all for the explanations, theres a lot of things if you look at it from other perspectives I guess.

If ya go for a 24 inch...the 8inch can be the finder-'scope...lol

Now thats an idea lol made me giggle when I read it ;)

Archived