Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Canon EOS 1100D Filter Removal

Gina

5 thick tracks but a dozen or so very thin ones. Quite impossible to repair IMO. I thought it was only a few tracks but closer inspection showed otherwise. ;)

1100D-20.jpg

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually, NO! I was thinking of making a slot in the side to take a copper plate as a "cold finger" from back of sensor to Peltier TEC. That project was to be after doing the filter removal mod and testing that.

I think the various hypermods do away with the display anyway, is it worth asking for advice on the DSLRmodifications Yahoo group, there are a few people on there who have performed such a mod?

If you do try it and it works I may just try disconnecting mine. It's permanently housed in my cooler box and I'm never convinced that it has remembered the "Display | Last power off" setting.

For me it's just a source of unwanted heat, I do use the display to occasionally perform a manual sensor clean though - can the full display be seen on a video monitor?

Cheers,

Ian

I haven't got any Canon lenses so I put one of my Pentax lenses (135mm f2.8) on it with an adapter ring. I firstly pointed it out of the window towards my obsy and captured a part of the roof before the light went. Nothing further away was possible as we have fog here with visibility of about 50 yards!! Then I pointed it at the TV and turned down the exposure and snapped a few of part of the screen. A 135mm lens gives quite a small viewing angle.

I've been running it from the netbook using the EOS Utilities. As expected, the image is decidedly reddish but other colours work fine ;) This is with the bare camera and lens without any external filter. I'll put the Astronomik CLS-CCD clip filter on later.

Unfortunately, I can't even check to see it the filter cuts out street lights as they are all hidden in the fog!

Please can we have a clear night soon... pretty please ;)

Thank you folks ;)

Here's one of the snaps off the TV. Hand held and hand focussed so a bit shaky - telephoto lens with no image stabilisation ;) This is image is unprocessed other than scaled down to fit on here.

post-25795-13387774036_thumb.jpg

Well done Gina, didn't think you would have a problem with it, I have just finished my 5D mod, it was easier than the 1100d. Now we just have to await clear skies and there have not been many of those this year so far, all this cloud and hardly any rain!.

Danielle

;)

Archived