Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

A beautiful sight

andyc277

I agree that it is great sight with them all lined up in the evening twilight and a camera would've been great if I had one to hand, especially at around the time of the ISS pass as it rose up out of the west and sailed over all three :D

It seeing things like these that keep my interest in astronomy ticking over between proper observing nights.

got home from work, quickly got my gear set up in the garden tripping over myself a couple of times in my hurry, everything set up just needed my laptop and web cam, rushed outside and doh! it had clouded over...

Seen this as me and better half were leaving tesco. The moon was starting to cloud over but it was a thin cloud to start with and made the moon look like it was going into eclipse. Very wierd. Was game over by the time we got home tho so no point trying to get cam out. Shame.

I agree, a magical sight. I was out walking the dog after work and had taken the binoculars with me as I had seen the line-up when I was driving home. Only had a phone camera on me though. The moons earthshine was fantastic through the binoculars, you could see the Maria as darker patches. Great sight!

We were indeed lucky the clouds parted for just a while :D It was an awesome sight tonight. Wide-field DSLR shots risk burning out the moon in order to get the planets. My k-5 was taking 2.5 sec exposures (aperture priority mode), I'll have to have a look see what's in the 'can' :(

Archived