Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Telrad Finder and Accessories

FLO

telrad_finder.jpg

The Telrad Finder is probably the most popular and most recommended reflex finder on the market.

The finder projects three illuminated red rings onto a large easy to see screen. At it's simplist the rings form a bullseye which is easily aligned over a traget but because the rings are spaced at 4, 2, and 1/2 degree diameters they are a useful aid when starhopping from one target to another. If a galaxy is 8 degrees away from a star, you simply count two 4-degree circles.

Supplied with a universal base plate that can be attached via screw holes or the included sticky pads.

Dewshields, spare bases and risers are also available and we shall be adding a pulser and heater tape very soon.

Our first delivery is currently over the Atlantic so, allowing for UK customs, we will be ready to dispatch late-Feb/early-Mar.

For details of this and other finders please see the astronomy finders section of our website.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Doh...

Paid about twice that....feeling hacked off now...(I knew it would happen).:D

A used Telrad has just sold on E.Bay for more than FLO are charging new :)
I payed quite a bit more for mine...

I made a promise to SGL's ADMIN back when they made FLO forum sponsor that I would do my best to fix some of the wrongs in UK astro retail. One of them was that goods sourced from the US are often sold for considerably more here in the UK. Where possible we source direct and base our prices on the 'real' cost of importing products. Our approach has worked brilliantly for ADM, Astrozap, Moonlite, Catseye, Unihedron, Rigel and Hotech. We are now doing the same for Telrad.

£35 is a fair and sensible price for a Telrad Finder :p

Steve

Oh today has just got MUCH better! I've been hunting for one of these for months and I didn't fancy splashing out £70 for one on ebay!!

Thank you FLO, my nights viewing is going to be greatly aided!

I was so close to writing a thread on why Telrad seem to ignore the UK....

Even though the weather forecast says it cloudy, all i'm seeing outside is sunshine and flowers waving :D

I made a promise to SGL's ADMIN back when they made FLO forum sponsor that I would do my best to fix some of the wrongs in UK astro retail. One of them was that goods sourced from the US are often sold for considerably more here in the UK. Where possible we source direct and base our prices on the 'real' cost of importing products. Our approach has worked brilliantly for ADM, Astrozap, Moonlite, Catseye, Unihedron, Rigel and Hotech. We are now doing the same for Telrad.

£35 is a fair and sensible price for a Telrad Finder :p

Steve

Well done FLO! :D:hello2::)

had a Rigel on order with FLO but am tempted to swap - the Rigel quick finder is higher on the scope and smaller which were the advantages I could see but the concentric target circles are only 2 degrees not 4 degrees - anyone with either have any preference for one over the other or advice? cheers folks

Steve

I was so close to writing a thread on why Telrad seem to ignore the UK....

Customs import charges, delays and loss or damage; difficulty in handling returns (customer may not want to pay international postage to return an item), unsatisfactory distributors in the UK...

Obviously until they met FLO - well done folks! If I was in the market for a finder, this is one I'd go for. It's easily the most popular finder at my local group's observation sessions.

All the best,

Mike

If only I had been a bit mote patient!..

I tried several dealers in the UK and no one had stock, only TS had any in.

In reality I only used the thing for the first time last weekend, which is slightly gauling. Anyway I'm very happy with it...but true to say I'd be even happier if it had only cost £35.....

....Mental Note.....FLO rocks...:D

Steve

You are welcome to change your order :D

There is no wrong choice between a Rigel and Telrad. This link takes you to a comparison review:

Telrad finder v Rigel QuikFinder

HTH,

Steve

Hi Steve - thanks for that I'd already emailed Martin on the subject and he'd said the same - so which ever I can get first would be good now - I know theres shortages of supply in a lot of things at the moment so theres no issue -just can't make up my mind to be honest so fishing for some personal reviews- thanks for the comparison link

cheers

Steve

• 2 weeks later...

Our first delivery has been stuck in UK Customs since Feb 28th, which is very frustrating. But, USPS say today it cleared customs today so we are expecting a delivery in 2-3 days.

Unfortunately the entire delivery has already sold out :)

Currently I think only 3-4 customers will not receive Telrads from the first delivery, I'll let them know later today. Another delivery is in the pipeline but Telrad is a small company and a new supplier (for us) so it is difficult to know when we will receive our second delivery. We are working hard to ensure a steady supply but our advice to anyone wanting a Telrad is to buy one when you can and be prepared for a wait.

Hope that helps :)

Steve

My QuikFinder arrived yesterday and is installed on my 250px. It also arrived with a free fog-bank so thick that I can't even tell just how thick the cloud layer over my house is, so.....

I'll try to post a review about this device, because I'm somewhat nervous about spending over thirty quid on something with such an "inexpensive" feel to it, if you know what I mean. It'd better be good.....

Archived