Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Dark Kielder

Dixie

Mmmm yeah, I can see it now phoning the missus...

"Hello love, kids ok? Yeah, the weather is great, what's that? No love, you can't hear glasses and people laughing. Sorry go to go, the line is breaking up....."

Tony..

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Best fess up Tony. My chick would 1471 the number then Google it, no doubt finding the Pub's website. :shock:

Very cunning creatures you know.

Kaptain Klevtsov

Yes, 'tis true KK but I'll be a few hundred miles north and with the car. What is she going to do? :D. I can always blame it on someone else....They forced me in there, they bought me drinks, they made me get drunk...

Tony..

I hope there are still pitches available as I've gone bought myself a tent (£40 2nd hand from ebay - v nice it is too). The form has gone off today.

Myself and Psychobabbler are heading down from Glasgow for the Friday and Saturday. Hope to meet up with you SGL'ers.

Cheers, Martin

Hi Guys,

I'm new to SGL, just joined a few days ago. So is there room for a newbie at the star party as i only live about an hours drive away or 45 if i'm in a hurry....lol

I always wanted to go to a star party, and i'll be ordering my new setup on Monday from FLO.

Can't think of anything beter than sitting under the stars (Hopefully) having a few tinnies and having a bit of daft crack.

Would be nice to meet a few of the folks off here.

Rich.

Hi Rich

Most of us will be at the non electric hook up end (no pitch numbers)

Half way up the left hand side just after you cross the bridge is where it all starts.

BTW there will be a few folk in the powered section too (just ask on arrival)

Be good to see ya there...

Well I will be booking up again, been the last 2 times and

1. Never met anybody from SGL

2. Because I have never stayed too long due to the weather!

Hopefully October will be better, really need to arrive early on the Friday to get some names when it is still light!

• 2 weeks later...

Still room for one more at the weekend? I think it's time I met some other astronomy buffs in person. If it weren't for the fact that WHSmiths sells 3 or 4 S@N mags each month I'd think I was the only one around. It's been a couple of years since I camped out, but I reckon I've still got most of my gear somewhere and it'd be good to get some genuinely dark skies for tyring out the new CPC 800.

Hi Kenny,

As of last week, yes there are some pitches left.

Getting shorter on the hook up field I'm told.

Dave.

PS. If you've not used your tent for a while, make sure the ground sheet is Kielder proof. Astrogaz is still alive but mentally scarred :(

I'd be tenting it too, so no powered hook-up required. However I've just been offered a new job so I'll have to get started at that and check which dates I can take off so soon after joining the company. Is the observational field close by, or is it basically held in the campsite itself? I dont fancy humphing my new scope miles by hand.

Kenny

We camp and observe on the same field - Kielder campsite. It's got the usual array of facilities, including a pub five mins walk through the trees. We have exclusive use the site so we rig everything for red light or turn off white lights. Got a warm room too.

Cheers

Richard

Archived