Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Dark Kielder

Dixie

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Perhaps there's an opportunity here for the SGL shop to get some logo'd flags or pennants? It got to beat a rolled up Times under the arm and a White flower in the lapel ! :D:lol:

I'll be in the 'leccy field, but will doubtless be wondering about at some point. 10th, 11th and 12th

see you all there!

Karlo, looking fwd to it all. :p:lol:

Hi all,

I've noticed on a few forums that people are asking where every thing is. Also wondering where people will be so they don't camp too far away.

Simple answer is, nowhere is too far away. It's not at all cramped but everyone has to get along. As they do.

The greatest travel distance is the pub and that's about 5/10 minutes at the most. Just remember to bring your red torch whilst you're sober. It's dark out there.

Breakfast is also about the same distance if you don't cook your own. Around £5 gets you an all in full English.

Dave.

Just another thought,

If for some reason people can't camp but want to visit there are a few B&Bs in the area. Give Richard Darn an email as he knows where the decent ones are.

Dave.

Dave, this £5 full english you speak of. Does this mean that one could live on fry ups and Treacle Pudding the entire weekend? If I didn't need a cuppa when I wake up, I wouldn't bother to bring any cooking apparatus....

Tony (who's possibly going to die of heart faliure by the time he's 45).....

Well Tony, it's what I do :D

And as for Tea first thing.............. there are ways of making people ( who have brought cooking gear ) feel sorry for you.

Dave.

PS. Don't make this common knowledge.

Changing the subject a little but does anybody know if you can get a mobile phone signal on the campsite ?

Dave

Lo Dave

Tell Me which service You use and I can Guarantee that it wont be available :D

But if You catch me on a good day I can tell You where You can get a signal. :lol:

Virgin is a problem west of the dam though :p

Changing the subject a little but does anybody know if you can get a mobile phone signal on the campsite ?

Dave

Lo Dave

Tell Me which service You use and I can Guarantee that it wont be available :D

But if You catch me on a good day I can tell You where You can get a signal. :lol:

Virgin is a problem west of the dam though :lol:

:p

I'm on the Orange network

Dave

Hi Dave,

I've found it hit and miss. Usually miss.

Very good chance that a text will get to you at sometime in the day as you wander about. Almost no chance of sending one.

However. There is reasonable signal strength near to the new Obs and some chance within walking distance of the campsite.

This applies to Virgin.

Many people find this a plus. There is a phone on the campsite and at the local pub.

Dave.

Apparently you can get a signal from the summit of Deadwater Fell, which overklooks Kielder village - 2,000 foot to the top. We could get people to write texts on their mobiles and send a volunteer to press send once atop the massif. Four hour round trip, but it's good to talk. :0)

Rich

Archived