Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

HitecAstro EQDIR adapter only £25!

FLO

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks... but I think I need more info.

Questions: For the HEQ5 Syntrek, do I want the HitecAstro EQDir USB adapter or serial? Then, to connect the adapter to the netbook/laptop, a Type B usb cable, regardless of which type of adapter I have?

Thanks!

When you buy the HEQ5 one it's a box with a printer port on one side and a cable on the other. The cable fits into the hand controller socket on the mount so in a line you have a computer, then a printer USB, then the EQDir with it's cable in the mount controller port. have the relavent software and drivers and it goes.

You want the HEQ5 one, specifically.

• 7 months later...

Assuming you are using EQMOD then PHD will be the way to go - it "adds and subtracts" from the normal stepper pulses (a very primative explanation!). No extra cables needed.

to be honest i have a QHY5 and the relevent cables (ST4,USB) but i am having a lot of trouble get the mount to respond to the commands.when i manual guide it will move north/south but not east/west. i was wondering whether there is a problem with the ST4 connections.

so if i buy the EQDIR adapter what else cable wise would i require?

Hi Bunnygod1, thank-you for bumping this thread (we still have EQDIR adaptors available at £25) :smiley:

Parus Major has answered your question (three posts up) but if, as it sounds, you have a problem with your QHY5 guiding setup you probably ought to start another thread and/or contact your supplier. You don't own an EQDIR adaptor and I don't think buying one will solve the problem.

HTH,

Steve

A number of problems have turned put to be due to ST4 cables or the camera's ST4 connector. If this were the case, then buying an EQDIR (and switching to pulse guiding) would help - although better to fix the problem if it's under warranty.

If manual movements of the mount in PHD fail using ST4 then that confirms the problem - however if you are going to use EQMOD anyway, and I'd suggest you do, using ST4 gives no benefit and means an extra cable to add to the rats nest you'll probably have already. The only reason for sorting out ST4 is if you might move to a different mount in future that needs it to guide.

• 1 month later...

Archived