NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

HitecAstro EQDIR adapter only £25!

FLO

HitecAstro are clearing their stocks of EQDIR adapters ahead of the launch of their new more compact model.

£25 is remarkably cheap so if you own or are planning to own a Skywatcher HEQ5 or EQ6 then you should grab one while you can. Price includes delivery.

(This model is the same spec as the new model only larger).

eqdir_modules.jpg

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll be ordering an NEQ6 imminently (sold my HEQ5 today).

Hopefully the new more compact model will be very similar to the shoestring adapters (ie no box at all, just USB on one end and a serial port on the other) - if so, I'll buy one of theirs if they make it a bit longer. The shoestring ones are 1.8m, I'd really like one that is 3m long.

Otherwise looks like I'll have to make my own following the instructions on the board elsewhere.

I'll be ordering an NEQ6 imminently (sold my HEQ5 today).

Hopefully the new more compact model will be very similar to the shoestring adapters (ie no box at all, just USB on one end and a serial port on the other) - if so, I'll buy one of theirs if they make it a bit longer. The shoestring ones are 1.8m, I'd really like one that is 3m long.

Otherwise looks like I'll have to make my own following the instructions on the board elsewhere.

If you velcro it under the mount's chin and zip tie the cable shorter it's more tidy than most of the shoestring versions you see about.

Hopefully the new more compact model will be very similar to the shoestring adapters (ie no box at all, just USB on one end and a serial port on the other)

Actually, I am probably the reason HitecAstro didn't produce one built into the plug at the very outset, before Shoestring. That was what they first approached us with but I felt the longer plug was more likely to be knocked and become damaged and this one was already small enough. But, some have said they would like it even smaller so so-be-it.

There is no difference in performance, this model offers the same spec'.

... if so, I'll buy one of theirs if they make it a bit longer. The shoestring ones are 1.8m, I'd really like one that is 3m long.
That can probably be arranged :icon_scratch:

My issue with them is the printer type USB socket. I'd have preferred a normal A usb input. I've got the module under the chin but the best place for the USB hub is on the opposite side to the motherboard so to keep the mount head tidy I've got a 24cm USB cable but I have to have a USB A-B adapter tapes on it since I can't find a short enough printer cable...

IMAG0543.jpg

I works so the cables don't catch the Alt bolts but it's not as elegant as I'd like since it sticks out too much. I've got the power cable coming along the chin next to the module as well so all the cables come off the mount at the same place.

Originally Posted by FLO viewpost.gif

Kev, email us before you place your next order, we'll sort something out :icon_scratch:

Cloengaa, I am not sure but I'll find out when we reopen in the morning.

HTH,

Steve

Nevermind Steve I allready ordered one from you, its 35 £ with shipping so.

Anyone who has purchased one of these from us this month at the higher price is welcome to contact us for FLO Gift Vouchers equivalent to the price difference :)

Nice gesture - thank you.

I bought one on the 7th Feb - from you.

Can I use a voucher against, my next order (which will be the mount) ???

Archived