NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

wakefield area

crashtestdummy

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We'll have to arrange a "Wakefield Astronomy Group" camping weekend somewhere with dark skies then! but with powerpoints so we can keep the tanks charged for the scopes. I fancy getting to grips with imaging properly this year and fancy some good skies too! :laugh:

Got my scope yipee!! Now to parting the clouds and using it for the first time.Need to arrange a few meet ups before a camping trip for the wakefield astronomy group,just need a bit of clear sky or the pub ha ha

Got my scope yipee!! Now to parting the clouds and using it for the first time.Need to arrange a few meet ups before a camping trip for the wakefield astronomy group,just need a bit of clear sky or the pub ha ha

congrats mapstar :-) there are supposed to be some good clear nights next weekend.....maybe we can arrange a winscar meet up ?

well my 2 week summer holiday has been booked - kielder water caravan park. plenty to do during tte day and fingers crossed, clear skies at night.

so if a dark sight is effectively an apperture increase- how much more will i see compared to ossett i wonder?

well my 2 week summer holiday has been booked - kielder water caravan park. plenty to do during tte day and fingers crossed, clear skies at night.

so if a dark sight is effectively an apperture increase- how much more will i see compared to ossett i wonder?

Theres a fantastic new observatory up at Kielder - have you seen it?

Theres a fantastic new observatory up at Kielder - have you seen it?

Kielder observatory will be on this months edition of Sky At Night.

http://www.kielderobservatory.org/

So if you go up there, Wednesday is a open night for observing.

Anyone up for a meet a bit closer to home ie emly moor mast or parker road playing field next week sometime will have to get in touch with soupy to get parkers road opened up for us can't do with driving for 2 hours after 9 hours at work then 2 hours home

clear skies at Emley didn't last very long. cloudy now! :huh: and I am up for a night at Parker Road some time this week if skies clear up yes, but long term forecast doesn't look good.

congrats on new scope Damian.

Nephalem got any old sky TV dishes we could try to convert them to a radio scope :tongue:

Thanks soupy.I'll make one too, although probably spend all night getting it out the car,aligning then packing it all up again ha ha! Maybe if its just a pub session we could start the sky radio dish design think nephalem is on to something here nice suggestion ;-)

Hi Rich, I would join you mate, but the drive is not justified for me as the Moon is out :/ I will do a Moon/Jupiter sess in Manc.

We'll hopefully sort something out once it's out of the way. Found a promising observing spot in Yorks Dales btw, it's near Hawes, about 1h40min drive for me, not sure how far it's for you, should be very dark.

Matej

Archived