Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Albireo is handsome too

Phil. I think Albireo is one of the prettiest doubles in the entire sky. You've made my day with that image, it's one of the best double star shots I have seen. Send it to a magazine, if they don't print it, they shouldn't be in the publishing business.

Glorious pair.

Ron. :)

Great image, Phil!! 8). Very enjoyable.

I am particularly partial to doubles (stars not spirits before anybody comments :wink:) and they are always included in a sessions observing list. I am also a fan of the diffraction spikes!!

Thanks

Bill£ :cool:

It is amazing the colour difference between the two, how much of that could you pick out from an eyepiece?

I often use Alberio as a "test" of sorts. I think I've told this before, but here we go. I ask each individual in a group to look at the stars and see if they can see colors. I ask thm not to reveal those colors until everyone's had a chance to look. When all are done, I ask, and I generally get many different answers. If there are 5 people, I'l get 8 colors and so on. Some see no colors.

The "moral" is, everyone sees stars differently. Some can detect the colors, others not. Some gear toward the blue, others to the red. It just depends. I tell them that just becuase you see one color and your partner sees another makes neither of you wrong-you both perceive different colors, that's all. Most see colors in this particular pair, but perceive them differently.

Make a game of it, the more people participating, the better!

It is amazing the colour difference between the two, how much of that could you pick out from an eyepiece?

Most see colors in this particular pair, but perceive them differently.

I always see blue and gold in this double. Which, for a change, is almost the same shade as appears in images I have taken but not the same luminosity and without a spike in sight.

I am going to make an effort to view this as soon as the weather clears (even wrote it on the kitchen blackboard!) Thanks for the replies guys.....even my old foe CW :cool::lol::wink:

I genuinely don't think my eyesight is up to distinguishing any colours between the two. My children often say that certain stars are different colours, but I can rarely make any colours out.....bit of a drawback for an astronomer!

Archived