Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

First DSO - Old faithful M13

ElijahB

Hi All,

My first go at a DSO, the much photographed M13. The picture was taken using a Celestron CPC 800 at F10, Canon 350D and unguided (just relied on the scopes tracking). I took 20 x 15 sec exposures at ISO 1600 (Raw), used the cameras inbuilt function to subtract dark frames - so that would also be 20 darks at the same ISO and length.

Stacked them in DSS and did a bit of work in Photoshop to finish. I still have to work harder on the processing and still have the 45MB TIFF file if anyone would like to work on it further :)

Certainly not as good as others on here but I hope you like it and advice is always welcome on how to improve it.

Cheers,

Eli

392_normal.jpeg

widget.jpg

Excellent result. You might want to have another play with the RAWs as there's a lot more even in the JPG posted.

image.jpg

Its a lot better than you think, I just had a 5 minute play with the curves.

Kaptain Klevtsov

Wow, how's that for magic. :)

Photoshop and curves is something I need to get to grips with and fast by the looks of things Kaptain :)

Was surprised that all that is in there in that image... still practice makes perfect... and late nights.

Thanks for the feedback, always appreciated.

Very nice Elijah. 8)

I couldn't resist the temptation to play either, sorry. Hope you don't mind.

image.jpg

Caz

Got to say, that is splendisimo as well. I can't wait to join this magic tweak school. :)

Just shows what you can do with just a little tweaking when you know how :shock:

Was taking a look at MartinB's post in the techniques section:

Primer -How to stretch the histogram using levels and curves (long download)

Does anyone have a copy of this with the images intact as unfortunately, when iseestars crashed, all the images have been lost in the post. I really want to get the most out of the images I take so this would have been a good start to learn how to use the levels and curves properly.

Cheers, ElijahB

That is an excellent photo.

KK & Caz have obviously sold their souls to the devil for the ability to adjust pics like they do. It has nothing to do with curves and levels, but a lot to do with eternal damnation.....or so I think!!!!!! :):o:)

KK & Caz have obviously sold their souls to the devil for the ability to adjust pics like they do. It has nothing to do with curves and levels, but a lot to do with eternal damnation.....or so I think!!!!!! :):o:)

:laughing6:

Btw I didn't use levels and curves, I simply used the high pass filter to sharpen and adjusted shadows and highlights. Simple. :D

Caz

Archived