NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Hi all from another newbie

Dazza121

Hi all,

just thought id say hello as im sure ill have plenty of questions to ask in the near future. completely new at astronomy having bought my 8 year old son an astromaster 130eq for christmas. have been out a couple of times for some viewing and he has joined the local astrokyds club and is really enjoying it.

he is quite little though and it became apparent that he was going to have trouble with the EQ3 mount on his own so i have bought a CG5-GT Advanced Goto to replace it (well thats my excuse for buying it anyway lol). not had a chance to use it yet as it only arrived this week but hopefully get a chance to set it up over the weekend for "him" :icon_salut:

got the scope with the celestron eyepiece and filter kit so have a decent selection of eyepieces to start with and picked up a cpc900 off ebay to have a dable at astrophotography at some point.

Also picked up a cheshire collimating eyepiece this week and had a crack at that last night and think ive got it pretty lined up so hopefully we will get clear skies tonight to test it out.

I can see already though that a bigger scope will be on the shopping list fairly soon lol

Archived