NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

I just got an image published!

MikeWilson

Is it right to be so excited?

6719742201_64b9236678_z.jpg

First photograph in BBC Sky at Night Magazine by MikeWPhotos, on Flickr

6719747959_61ef18f78d_z.jpg

First photograph in BBC Sky at Night Magazine by MikeWPhotos, on Flickr

I'm so excited, I'm practically bobbing up and down. So full of energy for Stargazing Live on Friday. This is my first astro photograph to be published, and I originally posted it here on SGL's Deep Sky section in September: http://stargazerslounge.com/imaging-deep-sky/156577-gemini-cygni-sadr-cygnus-first-light-ed80t-cf-night-sixteen.html

Another Stargazing Live event nearby has had over 1,200 visitors. We're expecting a sizable number at our club's event on Friday too..

HantsAstro | Making Hampshire Astronomy Shine!

Don't you just love how Stargazing Live pulls in interest in astronomy and science from non-astronomer members of the public? Great stuff.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haha!!

Earl, you're right. Buzzing is the right word. I have to say thanks to everyone at SGL too for the support, camaraderie and - in the imaging section - advice.

I'm just off for another glass of wine (sadly no beer here).

I'd only just subscribed to Sky at Night magazine too (I usually pick it up from the supermarket) - what a coincidence :D

Thanks everyone for the kind comments :) (and well done to Steve Loveridge for his beautiful winning moon photo!)

It's always a pleasure to see your own hard work in print. I have to admit to being a "little" excited when I had my first image published. :)

Well done Mike!

Likewise to you for the Monkey Head nebula on the telly :)

Regarding the images, each one is personal and holds a story. I remember with this one the USB cable kept falling out of the camera (why do QHY use the fat 'printer/B type' connectors) and I had to keep rebooting due to ASCOM driver problems. Then I had issues with darks and bias frames. But it wasn't too cold outside, but I did end up with cat pee on my clothes.

It was a pleasure to see Anna Morris' image last month, having followed her progress with putting the narrowband mosaic together on the forums.

It's amazing how distinctly personal memories are embedded into these images and yes, as you say - a pleasure to see it in print.

All the best,

Mike

Archived