Morning from a newbie

Sarumfi

Morning everyone!

Been given a telescope for birthday and really want to get into using it. I am in Salisbury Wiltshire and I am a complete novice, so there may be a few questions from me seeking advice! Apologies in advance:)

Sarum Fi

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Sarum and welcome to the forum. First off, your location is great for local resources such as Wiltshire Astro Society and the Salisbury Observing group, both of which will help get you started in observing. Second, to help you learn the night sky, why not have a look at Stellarium, a free piece of planetary software that will help you find and identify what you are looking at and can be found here. Lastly, in addition to the members help here, there is a search facility at the top of this page (in case you have missed it) which has archived many questions and responses over the years and provides a lot of info to also get you started. So even when the clouds come there is plenty to be getting on with!

Clear skies

James

Archived