NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Brian Cox 'Stargazing Live'

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I spoke with Martin at FLO when I ordered my scope in May last year and he said that their stocks were depleted at that time as a consequence of Stargazing Live and what he termed as the Brian Cox effect. In any case it must be a good thing. Getting new people involved in astronomy and also other people who have been away for a while having their interest re-ignighted. I missed the last one, but I am sure to watch next week. Looking forward to it, although knowing what the great British weather can bring it will be just our luck that it rains/snows/clouds over at 8.30 on Monday night.

Who can forget that classic episode of The Sky At Night from the 60's when they tried a live broadcast, but were clouded out. Patrick Moore did a brilliant job of holding it all together. At least we have technology to swerve around any atmospheric interference this time in the shape of pre-recorded content etc.....

after years of casual interest, i gave way to actually buying a scope right after last years programme. so i am one of the stargazing live children !

my only regret was not researching telescopes more before buying,but hey.

I did send an email to the BBC suggesting that they made a short pre-stargazing live episode before Christmas - just to give advice on buying a telescope. (The January episode could then have a small segment on how to use them.)

I didn't get a reply...

Looking forward to Stargazing Live too; Or rather, the surge in general interest in Astronomy. Although, last year I had to deal with a barrage of questions from friends & family!

That's just being pedantic :icon_scratch: It was an asteroid before it entered our atmosphere.

At the risk of also being branded a pedant, that's wrong too I'm afraid! Meteoroid.

Quote:

Originally Posted by redneon viewpost.gif

That's just being pedantic :icon_scratch: It was an asteroid before it entered our atmosphere.

At the risk of also being branded a pedant, that's wrong too I'm afraid! Meteoroid.

LOL - well whatever you call it, it was funny - but I suppose I should have said meteor! :D

Archived