Hi everyone

LeeG

Hi everyone I'm Lee and live in Atherton, Manchester. I've always been interested in astronomy since I was a kid but never really had access to any telescopes etc. Anyway I finally decided to go get one and after researching for a week or so on which would be best for me I went for the sky watcher explorer 200pds on a eq5 mount. Anyone else have this one? I made an attempt of setting it up today and THINK I have done it right lol. I am a complete beginner and it didn't come with much instruction-wise and at first seemed quite confusing! Tomorrow I'm going to try and align it properly then take it from there. Any accessories you guys recommend for this scope? It came with a 28mm eye piece and I bought a 6mm and a moon filter.

Any info will be much appreciated thanks!

Hello LeeG and welcome. I think that your telescope does not have any motor drives on it, so astrophotography, unless of the moon or perhaps Jupiter, will not be on the cards. Living in Manchester, you must have a lot of light pollution so a light pollution filter might be a good investment.

Thanks everyone. I realise everyone's eye piece collection will be slightly different but I was wondering which would be best to start off with? I've got a 28mm and a 6mm up to now. Thanks :-)

Archived