Hello from NE England

dogwood

Hi there, i've been directed here from a member via a football forum (man united to be precise). Always been interested in stargazing(in the lazy, look in the sky and go 'wow' kind of way :o ) but thought it was about time i learned a bit more, so i thought i'd join here ;)

plan to get some better binoculars soon (my tiny birdwatching ones are no use at all) and i'm busy learning some names and sky positions from stellarium (what a brilliant piece of free software) . So i've spent the past few clear nights running from my PC to outside to confirm the sky is where it says it is !! :(

I often camp in keilder forest in northumberland which has marvellous clear skies , as well as an observatory, so i cant wait to do some warm weather watching up there in spring.

anyhow, hello and its nice to be here :)

hi dogwood.

welcome to the forum,from another north eastener.get your self booked up for the star camp in march at kielder run by sunderland astro,plenty of people there with scopes for you to have a look through befor you buy one.

Archived