new year resolution

nora nooby

happy new year all! I am afraid i am another total newby! photography is my first passion and i was seduced by some photos someone had taken through a telescope and I thought that i have to try to do it. Have no idea yet how but am reading!! its not even easy to buy a telescope at the stage i am at as i havent got a clue what all the words mean!

Welcome to SGL! If you're keen to learn about what's invovled with imaging and what gear you would need, I highly recommend reading Making Every Photon Count by Steve Richards. It covers all the main techy terms as well, like darks, flats, bias.

Hi, Nora, and welcome to the forum.

My advice would be to take your time over the first scope. Use the knowledge-base of the membership to find out what all the terms mean. If AP is your passion, I would support Luke's advice about First Light Optics - Making Every Photon Count - Steve Richards - worth every penny and could save you a lot of pennies in the long run.

Hi Nora and welcome to the forum. Astrophotography or the 'Dark Art' as it is sometimes referred to is a very seductive area so beware!:):D Best arm yourself with a large wallet and a lot of patience. You get out what you put in and some of it is a little technical, more common sense than rocket science.

Clear skies in the meantime

James

Archived