Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Shhhh......

Uranium235

I actually looked through a scope... Put the TV Pronto on a photo tripod and used the TV 40mm Plossl to have a quick shifty at luna, jupiter and the Pleiades...

Too wet to setup the HEQ5 but will hopefully still have clear skies when Orion clears the mountain...

Peter...

It was clear here last nifht at 4am when I checked the pets.

Very hazy moon and Jupiter visible at the moment which is supposed to clear later.

Trouble is Im really not in the mood, after last night with the local yobbos chucking fireworks (bangers) around in the street frightening the cats etc nearly to death and not letting folk sleep.

*whispers* The forecast is looking good here, too. Lets hope there's some good seeing! :p

I have been out for 20 mins as the moon and jupiter were just right, used my new 18mm BGO in the little vixen and very pleased,

planning to be up early in the morning to try for saturn with the 180 pro.........fingers crossed i wont end up going back to bed again straight away

Just back from a failed attempt at a dark sky site. Got there and the sky was clear but clouds were moving in from the west. I sat in the car for a bit to let them clear which they did but more rolled in bringing spits of rain too. So I went home and still cloudy so no chance of going out in the garden!! Packed up the scope in the house, just peeped my head out the window and guess what.... Yep clear! Can't be bothered now though as I can guarantee it will cloud over as soon as I go out! :p

Just back from a failed attempt at a dark sky site. Got there and the sky was clear but clouds were moving in from the west. I sat in the car for a bit to let them clear which they did but more rolled in bringing spits of rain too. So I went home and still cloudy so no chance of going out in the garden!! Packed up the scope in the house, just peeped my head out the window and guess what.... Yep clear! Can't be bothered now though as I can guarantee it will cloud over as soon as I go out! :p

It will be clear all night, all the weather reports have said so.

I got clear about 6pm in Cheshire, then clouded over, so practiced colimation and sort a few bits out, then bingo, 9pm, the front had passed Cheshire.

It is moving at about 40 mph west to east.

After 2 hours of testing im finally imaging something :p just had some light drizzle - but it passed pretty quickly. I might get to 1am here, but the wind is picking up a bit because i can hear fence panels banging about out there.

I have been out for 20 mins as the moon and jupiter were just right, used my new 18mm BGO in the little vixen and very pleased,

planning to be up early in the morning to try for saturn with the 180 pro.........fingers crossed i wont end up going back to bed again straight away

What a waste of time:icon_confused:up at 5.30 to thin hazy cloud

last straw for me

Hi Ecosse,

Which dark site did you go to?

Its a nightmare when that happens isn't it?:p

Jeff

I went out to harperrig resevoir. It was so clear when I got there aswell just glad I spotted the clouds and never set up the scope as it would have ended up slightly wet!

Archived