Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

M45, You gimme the blues...

ollypenrice

Yes you gimme the blues, I guess you're satisfied,

You gimme the blues, I wanna lay down and die.

B Dylan.

I had high hopes for this project but it isn't going to work. The plan was 4 panels of 5 to 8 hours each of luminosity from the Tak added to a one shot colour widefield from the Canon 200 lens. To do the whole thing in the Tak would simply take too long without an 11 meg chip. (Santa, Hallo? Hallo??)

Alas the Tak Lum doesn't work on the Canon colour, there being too much mismatch in star size, something I always feared might be a problem. Oh well.

Anyway here's what the EF200L/Atik 4000 OSC gave me after 50X5 minutes and 7X10. It's a first light for our new observatory, temporarily housing an iOptron IEQ45 till Yves' Mesu 2 arrives to do the honours. Should I go back for more or drop and move on?

Happy Christmas to all from Olly, Monique and Cachou.

M45-AT-200MM-sharper-sscrop-L.jpg

1ST-NIGHT-2-S.jpg

1ST-NIGHT-5-S.jpg

PS That's not the Canon EF200 lens on the mount...:)

Hi Olly,

Nice to see the new Obs finished............is that snow on the ground I see?

I like the image, very good detail and the stars are not blown out..........keep going with the mosaic.

Happy Christmas to you, Monique and Cash, and everyone else on the forum.

Very nice Olly I really like the way the arms of nebulosity reach out

Yes, I was quite excited by the upper one, which I wasn't expecting. SkyMap Pro shows the lower extension but doesn't seem to name it.

Dave, snow: yes, but it's gone now, replaced by a stiff breeze (hurricane?) which they promise will be gone by tonight.

Olly

I'm learning a lot today. First, that Garradd is still beetling around the sky, and now that the true nebulosity of M45 is almost as lengthy as my credit card statement.

Marvellous stuff as always, Olivier. I vote you continue with this image, because I want to see where else the nebulosity goes.

Archived