new to star gazing

stewie

I am new to this site. I am Stewie and have a new celestron nexstar 4 se and still trying to figure out how to work it. I can see stars but everytime i turn it on i have to reset it. Is this a norm or is there a way to keep it calibrated. Also i can see Jupiter but not very close to i need a new or more powerful eye piece. Any help on how to work this and any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You

I am new to this site. I am Stewie and have a new celestron nexstar 4 se and still trying to figure out how to work it. I can see stars but everytime i turn it on i have to reset it. Is this a norm or is there a way to keep it calibrated. Also i can see Jupiter but not very close to i need a new or more powerful eye piece. Any help on how to work this and any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You

Hi Stewie, I have a 6SE and yes every time you turn it on you have to realign it, but after a while it doesn't take long. Using staralign (3 objects) I find it is near enough spot on finding things after that. If you need more detail you can send me a PM. I assume you got a 25mm plossl with it which wont give you great magnification so I also bought a 13mm and a 8mm, which give a bit more.

Archived