Hello from Boston

crw4096

Hey all!

New member here. Stumbled across this site from the Yahoo EQMOD forum. I've been doing astronomy now for about 12 years or so and in the past few years been getting deep into AP. Interested in doing it "on the cheap" :icon_confused: which I'm sure many will point out is a contradiction in terms! Anyway, it's fun seeing all the different mods people do to their gear. Will be happy to share experiences as I get to know the forums.

Charles Wright

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Shame on me - didn't know there was another Boston! It's Boston, Mass (USA).

FYI there are strong ties between Boston, Lincs and Boston Mass. The Pilgrim Fathers originated from Boston and there is a record of the historical ties in the church at Boston. You can read a little about this great church here

Hi Charles, and welcome to SGL!

I'm in Boston MA on a business trip right now - which is why the skies have miraculously cleared back in the UK.

What do you do for astronomy stores around here - can't believe that I am in the scientific capital of the USA, nay the world, and there isn't a telescope shop to be found! (And yet Apple have a four storey shop selling two products!)

Hello Charles,

Great to have you on board, i'm sure you'll find SGL a great forum.

You might be interested to learn that Lincolnshire also has a New York as well a the original Boston, sorry for the vague comment however its raining and i wanted to do some double star work tonight, ever the optomist :icon_confused:

Archived