Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hurrah,televues for xmas

hes not well again

The missus has finally caved in and ok'ed the purchase of two televue plossls. For those interested in how I acheived this near impossible feat here are the two clinching arguments

1. I only have one ep and that is an unbranded and uncoated ep from the fifties.

2. Most women would be pleased that I have a hobby where she knows where I am [at the bottom of the garden] and doesn't involve snorting coke off some celebrities breasts.

I must admit the second excuse covered less ground but might be worth a try.

Will let you all know how I get on with them.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mmmmm, with the weather the way it is at the moment, snorting coke off celebrities breasts seems quite appealing! LOL

I wouldn't have thought the weather would have made snorting coke off celebrities breasts any less appealing :)

Last year the celebrities on Stargazing Live were Jonathon Ross and Dara O'Brien!

What's the scope and which TV's are you considering?

Its a home made [about forty years ago] 8 inch newtonian. focal length 1400 mm. Thought I would try an 8mm plossland a 15mm. Think about 8mm is near the realistic maximum fot this scope

I have more chance of option 2 than using my TV eyepieces at the moment.

Wall to wall cloud here which is annoying as when I left the office in Macclesfield it was a glorious clear night...

Suppose that will teach me for living on the west coast... :icon_confused:

I've got the 8mm, actually, and it's a nice eyepiece. Hope you enjoy them!

Yes umadog they seem very well made. One thing I have noticed that for my eye I have to roll the eye rubber back to get close enough to see the full field. Although with the more expensive Naglers etc I wonder whether the money is worth it unless you have a very fast scope. Horses for courses I suppose

Archived